How to Make Play-Dough

1:12 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else absolutely hate the smell of normal play dough? I find it sickening. Then it sticks to everything and dries up quickly. I've created my own version that probably is cheaper, smells better, and I bet you already have the stuff to make it already in your home.
You only need hair conditioner and corn starch. It's really that simple.

I used 1/2 cup conditioner and 1 cup of corn starch. So basically 1 part conditioner and 2 parts corn starch depending on how much you'd like.

*Add more conditioner if its a little dry and more corn starch if it becomes sticky.


My conditioner smells like vanilla and lavender. Of course thats an odd smelling dough but its all I had. I recommend that cheaper is better for this but that was all I had.




I slowly added the corn starch until it was evenly mixed. Think about adding flour to cookie dough. Its much easier to slowly add it than it is to dump the whole cup into the batch. 


To make it more kid friendly I added food coloring. 


I only did 3 drops but I'm sure you can add more. I wasn't sure if it would end up staining mine or my sons hands blue. 



Caden was napping so I didn't get a chance to show him playing with it. Maybe I'll add more pictures of that later in a different post. 


Update: He woke up and I got his little face playing with the new discovery.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow by Email